WELCOME TO OUR BLOG FOR 2012. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY SHARING OUR THOUGHTS, IDEAS, FEELINGS AND OPINIONS

AS WE REACH FOR THE STARS !

Our terrific writing is sometimes in draft form because we are eager to share it with you.

Please appreciate that it is all part of our learning adventure!

Goodbye and Thank You

Thank you for joining us on our learning adventures this year. We really appreciated your input and your support.

From Room 11, 2012.

Fireworks Pictures

We used an iPad app called "Glow Draw" for these.

08 November 2012

I stood on the diving board, shaking as if I were in Antarctica. I had enough butterflies in my stomach to cover all of America! I took a glance at the water with a nervous face, and then at the crowd, and back at the water again. But this time, it was even scarier. Am I going to win? Will I take out this race? Eventually, I heard these words crawling through my eardrums, “Take your mark, get set..........”

I dived into the water, leaving a splash. All I could hear was my mind telling me “Go, go, go!” as I swam to the surface to take a massive gulp of air, and back down again. I could feel the water running past me, up against my skin. Before long, I was half way through the pool, when somebody tapped me on the head. “What's that ?” I stood up to see what had tapped me on the head.

Immediately, my face transformed into the reddest apple on the planet as I looked around. Back at the start, my opponents were still standing like statues, watching me. I could tell that they were laughing inside but they didn't want to let it out, just like soda that’s been shaken in a soda bottle. I slowly plopped out of the pool, trying to hide my face, and climbed back on the same block as I was on before.

On your marks, get set,
“Bang!”

No comments:

Post a Comment