WELCOME TO OUR BLOG FOR 2012. WE HOPE YOU ENJOY SHARING OUR THOUGHTS, IDEAS, FEELINGS AND OPINIONS

AS WE REACH FOR THE STARS !

Our terrific writing is sometimes in draft form because we are eager to share it with you.

Please appreciate that it is all part of our learning adventure!

Goodbye and Thank You

Thank you for joining us on our learning adventures this year. We really appreciated your input and your support.

From Room 11, 2012.

Fireworks Pictures

We used an iPad app called "Glow Draw" for these.

22 July 2012

The Dark and Spooky Caves

We hopped into the bus and we waited for everyone to board, then we were off. We went through the misty, creepy forest it felt like it was haunted because it was really dark and spooky. I felt a blast of wind. It was really breezy and cold. I shivered and shivered till we got to the caves. I climbed out with everyone else.

I couldn’t wait to go into the freezing, slippery caves. We listened to the speaker silently.I thought for a few minutes. I was terrified to death, making sure I knew what to do.

My group went in incredibly fast through the darkness and we felt like ice blocks in a freezer.
I said, “I’m shivering.” Lights sparkled in the breeze as we walked through.They were shining like stars lost from the sky. I could see tiny emeralds. It really was amazing and beautiful. The dark, gloomy earth in the caves was like slimy icy slides all over the place. Lots of panic surged through me. If only we could fly above, then we wouldn’t slip off the wet part of the caves. I felt like singing a lullaby to calm me down but that would have been very very embarrassing.

Time went by and we were out of the caves. I could see the other groups staring at me because they could see I was shivering, so they thought they would shiver too.
I told them they wouldn’t shiver, and they said,”Thanks, I needed to know that.”
We watched as other groups went in and came out  lots of times. While we were waiting outside, we played some games like follow the rope, tiggy, hide and seek and also fairy tale characters against other fairy tale characters and also against normal people.

We hopped into the bus and we waited for everyone to board, then we were off, back to camp and a scrumptious tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment